At Aurora we understand that small is mighty. Small class sizes mean that every student matters. Our teachers empower young minds to think for themselves and to stand up for others. They leave Aurora self-aware—poised to communicate with confidence and to solve problems collaboratively.
The Application Process
Step 4: ~60 minutes
Step 5: ~60 minutes
Once we receive your application, our Admissions Director will contact you to schedule your child’s assessment.
Questions? Call or email Aurora’s Admission’s Department.
Experience the Wonder
Virtual school tours are offered on Monday afternoons and Friday mornings.
During the pandemic, student assessments will be scheduled individually on Zoom.
Kindergarten & First Grade Assessments
To begin the assessment, adults and children meet together and all four K/1 teachers come in to mingle. The applicants have a circle time and then rotate through different stations to meet with individual teachers. The assessment ends with a closing circle.
Upper Grade Assessments
Students will meet with their grade level teachers and have an opportunity to tour the classrooms and ask questions. We do not administer any tests during the assessments. Instead we will do some reading, math and writing together to become better acquainted with your child.
Top 10 Frequently Asked Admissions Questions
Why is Aurora Multi Graded?
- Every day, students of different ages are given opportunities to work together side-by- side and learn from one another what it means to step up academically and socially.
- Students are in the same classroom for two years so teachers get to know them deeply, in a way that is not possible when students pass through a classroom in just one year. This allows for greater academic and social/emotional gains.
- Students who gravitate socially or academically above or below their grade level are surrounded by like students and can stretch in either direction comfortably.
- Students form friendships with children in their grade as well as in the grades above and below. In this way, students quickly get to know everyone in the school.
- “Only children” get to experience the pros and cons of having siblings.
Where can I view your Annual Report?
You will find our most recent Annual Report in the Giving section of our website.
What is the tuition, and does Aurora offer financial aid?
The tuition for the 2020-21 school year is $29,379, and yes, Aurora offers financial aid.
An Aurora education is an investment in your child’s future. We understand that it is also a significant financial commitment. We are committed to maintaining socio-economic diversity by making tuition affordable to as many students as we possibly can. We realize that the applying for Financial Aid can be a time consuming process and that you want to complete the application fully and accurately. To help make the process easier, be sure to check out these free informational webinars that provide valuable tips.
What is the deadline for Admission?
What are the hours of Extended Care?
Morning: 7:30 am – 8:30 am
Afternoon: 2:20 pm – 6:00 pm
Where do Aurora students go for Middle School?
What is the Parent Volunteer requirement?
Per Single Parent ($25/hour “buy out” option) 15 Hours
What is the average number of years staff and faculty have been at Aurora?
- Approximately 43% of staff and faculty have been at Aurora for 5 or more years
- Lead Teachers and Specialists average 9 years of teaching experience
What specialist teachers are there and how often do they see them?
K/1 students attend Spanish class twice a week.
2-5 students attend art, music, and library once week.
2-5 students attend computers and woodshop once a week for half the school year.
2-5 students attend P.E. and Spanish twice a week.
What’s your diversity like at Aurora?
We’re proud of our reputation as a school where students truly feel comfortable and supported for who they are. Open mindedness and an appreciation for differences uniquely prepares students to be compassionate leaders in their adolescent and adult years. Read more about diversity and inclusion at Aurora.