Tuesdays (8 Weeks)
September 27, 2016 – November 22, 2016 (No class November 1, 2016)
Instructor: Taylor Gersbach
Here in the woodshop we let the students take the lead, designing and building individual or group projects ranging from simple to complex. The results are often unique and always empowering. We teach safe techniques of basic woodworking and let our students’ imaginations soar! It’s fun, challenging, and inspiring. (Learn more about Taylor on her website)
Minimum 4 students, maximum 8 students
Grades K-1: 2:30 – 3:30 pm
Grades 2– 5: 3:30 – 4:30 pm
Explore a topic in depth after school right here on the Aurora campus
Wednesdays (8 Weeks)
September 28, 2016 – November 16, 2016
Instructor: Harriet Trezevant, MHEd (Tallulah’s mom, class of 2014)
Every day, each and every one of us embarks on our own taste adventure. Whether we share food together or eat alone, every bite is an opportunity to explore the world through flavor, texture, color, aroma and even sound. Taste Adventures culinary programs offer:
- Active, hands-on food preparation using high-quality, locally-sourced, organic ingredients whenever possible
- Guided taste explorations
- Time to ask lots of questions and help find answers- What happens if I mix these two together? How would I describe this flavor? What does this feel like when I bite into it? How about when I let it melt in my mouth? Why do I think this is gross? What makes something yummy? How can I fix this if it’s not coming out as I planned? And so many more…
Please wear clothes you don’t mind getting dirty and bring an apron if you have one.
Minimum 5 students, maximum 10 students
Grades K-5: 2:15 – 3:15 pm
Classes are offered in the Fall, Winter and Spring
Thursdays (8 Weeks)
September 29, 2016 – December 1, 2016 (No Class October 6, 2016 and November 24, 2016)
Instructor: Lisa Twomey (Ceramicist and Flynn’s mom, Room 4)
Students will enjoy this hands on workshop taught with an equal balance of technical instruction and creative exploration. This class is open to both beginning and continuing students of any skill level. Students will learn and improve upon various techniques, including pinch pots, coil forms, building with slabs, and painting and glazing basics. We aim to provide an environment in which your child will flourish and that encourages creative discovery.
Minimum 4 students, maximum 10 students
Grades K-1: 2:30 – 3:30 pm
Grades 2-5: 3:30 – 4:30 pm
Each class meets weekly after school for seven or eight weeks
ISEE Test Prep with Classroom Matters
Wednesdays (6 weeks)
November 9, 2016 – January 4, 2017
(No Class November 23, 2016 and December 21 and December 28, 2016)
Instructor: Classroom Matters
- An experienced and friendly teacher who knows how to engage all types of learners
- A focus on content review and test taking strategies
- A comprehensive, user-friendly ISEE manual
- Exposure to the test format and scoring procedures
- Practice with the five sections that make up the test (verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, reading comprehension, mathematics achievement and the essay)
- Pointers for ways for the student to prepare in the days before the test, and on the day of
- Pointers for parents about how to support their student prior to, and the day of, the test
- Lots of breaks so the kids don’t go stir crazy!
Minimum 8 students, maximum 15 students
Grade 5 only: 2:15 – 4:15 pm
Questions? Please email our Extended Care & Camp Director, Josh Johnson at email@example.com
All registrations are done online though our website. Online registration will open at noon on Wednesday, September 6, 2017.
Space cannot be saved via email or phone, but must be done through the online registration system. Classes will be filled on a first come, first served basis, until the maximum number of students for each is reached. A wait list may be created if a class fills. If any enrolled child decides to drop out, families on the wait list will be notified by the second class of the session. If your child is enrolled and decides after the first class that they do not wish to participate, you will receive a refund or credit for 75% of the remaining class tuition. You must inform the Extended Care Director before the second class to receive this refund. No refunds are available after the second class of the session.
If the minimum number for a particular class is not reached by Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at noon, the class will be cancelled.
Classes start the week of September 27, 2017. See the class descriptions for specific start and end dates, and for any days class will not be held.
Please make sure to sign out your child from Extended Care when picking up from an Enrichment class. You are not charged for time while in an enrichment class, but signing out is necessary for the safety of our students. Children not signed out will be charged for a full day of care (until 6:00 pm).