Working at Aurora
How to Apply
Start: July/August 2018
Part Time: Varies 5-15 hours per week
Status: contractor, remote
Description: We are a non-profit, independent K-5 elementary school located in Upper Rockridge. We are celebrating our 30th year in 2018, and also in the 2nd year of a visual rebrand. We are looking for a mid- to senior-level designer to help us update and create design projects. August though January can be quite busy due to our admissions season, with February through July seeing fewer projects. For more information, please visit us online: www.AuroraSchool.org
- Advertisements (print and digital)
- Banners (digital and print)
- View Book/Catalog
- Annual Report
- Swag: table cloths, mugs, water bottles, tote bags, tshirts, stickers, magnets
- Website & email graphics
Technical Skills Required (Advanced):
- Videography – not required, but opportunity for more work if you have this skill set
- Infographics – not required, but opportunity for more work if you have this skill set
- HTML- not required, but opportunity for more work if you have this skill set
Life Skills Required:
- Attention to detail (a must!)
- Ability to meet deadlines (a must!)
- Good communication skills/responsive (a must!)
- Creative (visual) problem solver
- Flexible, kind, team-player
- Willingness to integrate feedback from staff into projects
If interested, please send the following to email@example.com:
- a current resume
- a portfolio of SIMILAR work
- salary expectations
- a cover letter detailing why you’re a good fit for this role.
Physical Education Instructor
Reports to: Head of School, Assistant Head of School
- 2+ years experience teaching students in grades K-5
- Bachelor’s degree (required)
- Experienced at planning and implementing integrated curricula
- Committed to culturally responsive teaching
- Open and motivated to work collaboratively
- Understands child growth, development, and social needs
- Possesses strong communication and organizational skills
- Exhibits a strong commitment to working in a diverse, multi-cultural community
- Teach physical education to students grades K-5 in a multi-graded configuration using curriculum and teaching strategies consistent with Aurora’s mission, core values, and curriculum guidelines.
- Develop age and ability appropriate instruction that develops concepts of movement and body management.
- Develop an awareness of the components of fitness including aerobic capacity, muscular strength, endurance, and flexibility.
- Focus on the concepts of teamwork and sportspersonship.
- Manage a wide range of student abilities and experience.
- Differentiate for students based on unique needs so all students are appropriately engaged.
- Promote physical and emotional learning opportunities.
- Provide the opportunity for enjoyment, challenge, and self-expression.
- Create character-building lessons focused on responsibility, positive social interaction, and group dynamics.
- Create an environment of respect that encourages students to take risks and strive to reach goals.
- Encourage social interaction and student appreciation of the successes and achievements of others.
- Encourage an appreciation for life long physical fitness.
- Initiate and maintain timely communication with families, when necessary.
- Collaborate with colleagues.
- Exhibit professional standards of attendance, punctuality, language, preparedness, and relationship to students, parents, faculty and administration.
- Plan and implement end of the year school-wide Field Day.
- Attend school-wide events and staff trainings:
- Back-To-School Night (September)
- Information Day (November)
- Staff meetings (Two required per year)
- Scheduled staff in-service days
- Secure substitute teacher coverage when absent and inform Lead Teacher and Administrative team of absence.
- All other duties as assigned by the Head of School or Assistant Head of School.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience.
TO APPLY: Please submit your cover letter and resume to Human Resource Coordinator. Submission Deadline: June 1, 2018. Position begins August 2018. No phone calls please.