Employment at Aurora
Working at Aurora
Aurora employs some of the most talented credentialed teachers, substitute teachers, and administrative staff in the San Francisco Bay Area. We are a collegial community of educators and administrators who care deeply about nurturing and empowering our students. Aurora offers a close knit and collaborative approach to educating both heart smart and head smart leaders. We welcome creative. energetic team members who embody a love for learning, passion for kids, and a sense of humor. Diversity, in all forms, is critical to our mission, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply.
How to Apply
Aurora accepts resumes from credentialed teachers beginning in January for the following school year. We accept resumes for substitute teachers and administrators on a rolling basis. To apply for any of our open positions, please submit a resume with cover letter to our Human Resource Coordinator.
Aurora School is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, creed, gender, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity and expression, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, or any other unlawful consideration.
Full Time Teacher for 2017-2018
We are looking for a dynamic Lead Teacher who is experienced at planning and implementing integrated curricula, who is committed to academic excellence and culturally responsive teaching, and who understands child growth and development. Responsibilities will include teaching language arts, math, history and science. (Students also attend Physical Education, music, art, Spanish, library and computer classes away from the classroom.) Maximum class size is 25 students. Depending upon class size, classrooms have either a part-time or full-time Teaching Assistant in addition to the Lead Teacher.
We are looking for a full-time teacher, to begin August 2017. We expect teachers to understand the social needs of children, have strong communication and organizational skills and be open and motivated to work collaboratively with the entire Aurora community. Please submit cover letter and resume to Human Resource Coordinator.
Full-Time Teaching Assistant for 2017-2018
We are looking for responsible, organized, enthusiastic Teaching Assistants who love children. Experience with children is a must. Responsibilities will include assisting the Lead Teacher in the classroom, lunch and recess duty, and leading students in social-emotional activities in cross-grade groupings twice a month. Maximum class size is 25 students.
We are looking for full-time teaching assistants to begin August 2017. We expect teaching assistants to understand the social needs of children, have strong communication and organizational skills and to be open and motivated to working collaboratively with the entire Aurora community. Please submit cover letter and resume to Human Resource Coordinator.
Position Status: Part-Time/Ten Hours a Week, Non-Exempt Employee
Required Qualifications and Skills
The Development Director will implement and lead all aspects of a comprehensive development program that currently raises $142K annually in support of strategic initiatives and school operations. Employing a multi-channel approach, the new director will develop innovative strategies for the identification, cultivation, stewardship, and solicitation of individual and institutional donors.
Aurora’s Director of Development leads the planning, management, and implementation of all major fundraising efforts for Aurora School and works in partnership with the Head of School and the Board of Trustees to help drive strategic advancement of the organization. The Director is part of Aurora’s leadership team and serves as an important representative with constituents and the greater community.
MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS:
FUND FOR AURORA
Goal: To reach 100% parent participation while raising money from a variety of constituents for the school’s general fund.
- Board Development Committee to develop and implement annual fundraising goals and strategies. These goals and strategies will include the following:
- Major Gifts: Lead and implement major gifts program through the entire cycle of development. Serve as a key contact and liaison for Aurora’s major donors and oversee their ongoing cultivation and engagement by members of our community.
- New Donor Cultivation: Lead cultivation efforts (identification, research, and strategies) to connect new donors to Aurora and expand Aurora’s donor base.
- Fundraising Events: Administer, manage, and direct all development related events including oversight of event budgets.
- Family and Alumni Annual Fund: Lead Aurora’s efforts to initiate and establish sustained relationships and annual giving opportunities for families and alumni.
- Outreach: Oversee production of all fundraising marketing and solicitation materials in coordination with the Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Database and Reporting:
- Manage the operation, maintenance, data input, data integrity and accuracy for inResonance GENERATIONS development database.
- Create and maintain alumni database and tracking system.
- Maintain accurate constituent records in a timely manner.
- Manage the creation of donor reports for monthly Board reports.
- Recruit, train, and manage volunteer Class Captains.
- Help with development of annual fund focus.
- Track restricted funds.
Board Relations: Attend Board of Trustee meetings and provide monthly reports. Work closely with Aurora’s Development Chair and Development Committee to encourage and support a culture of stewardship amongst our Trustees.
Gifts Processing and Acknowledgements
- Manage matching gift programs for corporate donors.
- Process all gifts from individuals, corporations, foundations, and organizations in a timely manner.
- Generate gift acknowledgement letters, receipts, and pledge reminders in a timely manner.
- Maintain electronic constituent files.
- Manage and coordinate monthly reconciliation and annual audit requests with the Business Office.
- Respond to requests from donors, volunteers, and staff in a professional and timely manner.
- Perform all functions with a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality.
- Mail Coordination
- Manage coding of appeals and solicitations through inResonance.
- Proofread and copyedit, as needed.
- Coordinate production and mailing logistics of solicitations and stewardship mailings.
Goal: To raise funds with an eye toward donors from both inside and outside of the Aurora community.
- General Duties:
- Manage parent co-chair(s) of online auction and help them manage other parent volunteers.
- Work with parent volunteers to ensure overall success of entire auction.
- Help chairs of online auction manage administration of the auction.
- Follow event timeline for task completion and make sure volunteers keep to the timeline.
- Edit ask letters and email for business donors, community donors, and auction sponsors.
- Create and follow publicity timeline.
- Help volunteers recruit and manage:
- Volunteers for committee chairs
- Business solicitations
- Family solicitations
- Staff solicitations
- Company sponsorships
- Communicate regularly with committee chairs
- Monitor progress and initiate follow up when necessary.
- Maintain a system for tracking and storing actual donations.
- Work with Head of School on Fund-a-Need.
- Communicate regularly on progress and action items for auction.
- Respond to donor and bidder questions.
- With co-chairs oversee fulfillment for all winners.
- Work with graphic designer to create logo and theme.
- Participate in design decisions for publicity materials.
- Edit donor solicitation letter and form.
- Author and edit sponsor solicitation letter and form.
- Create solicitation lists.
- Order mailing supplies.
- Print solicitation letters.
- Generate thank you receipts and labels post-event.
- Identify donation categories and limit quantities in each.
- Organize solicitation training for parents, if necessary.
- Manage sponsorship benefits.
- Manage publicity through:
- Email campaign
- Bulletin board
- Tuesday Tell All e-newsletter
- Campus signage
- Aurora website
- Service provider website
- Determine overall budget and distribute to committee chairs.
- Approve expenditures for the event.
- Follow up with non-payers.
- Manage and troubleshoot auction software system.
- Keep records on all facets, including donations and money received.
- Manually enter late and live purchases into the system.
- Locate photos, write item descriptions, and set prices for auction items.
- Produce reports, as needed.
- Plan and execute alumni development functions including alumni reunion every five years.
GENERAL OFFICE MANAGEMENT
- Serve as first point of contact for Development Office, greet visitors and direct donor inquires, both face-to-face and by phone.
- Maintain general office supplies and files.
- Develop good rapport with parents, faculty and staff, alumni, and all others connected to the school.
- Attend and help with events, as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head of School.
- Minimum of 3 years of related professional experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Extensive experience and proficiency using inResonance GENERATIONS database.
- Mac and Google literate.
- Extremely adept at managing numbers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to listen attentively and provide solutions.
- Time-management skills, the ability to multi-task under pressure, strong. organizational and project management skills.
- Work effectively with others and support organizational goals.
- Provide timely response to requests for information, service, and assistance.
- Strive for continuous improvement and solicit feedback to improve service.
- Maintain confidentiality and highest standards of professionalism.
- Demonstrate a positive and productive attitude.
Position will start in June 2017. Please submit cover letter and resume to Human Resource Coordinator.
Aurora School is always looking for experienced and enthusiastic substitute teachers for our K-5 classrooms as well as our specialists’ classes. Candidates are invited to call the main office during school hours at (510) 428-2606. Please submit cover letter and resume to Human Resource Coordinator.